Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A Study in Hummingbirds

I'm having one of those days.  You know what I mean.

A contractor is working on my AC, but he has the heat on.

I'm not asking questions.

I stepped outside for some cool air only to be bombarded by sawing from a neighbor's project.

The hummingbirds were undisturbed by any of this.

They were blissfully unaware of a sprinkler line that broke this morning, shooting water at high pressure under my front door into the house.

Until I found the source of the enormous noise the shooting water was making, I thought a monster was pounding at the door.

I have been working for years to get my camera to focus on the hummingbirds.

This morning, I focused on the hummingbirds.

I became oblivious to the noise from the saw.

The air around me became peaceful and calm.

For just a few moments, I was peaceful.

I should do this more often.

Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment