Thursday, July 9, 2020

Gymnastics at the Feeder

The sun was perfect when Ben alerted me that birds were at the feeder.

Two birds were flitting around.  This is a male Black-chinned hummingbird.

Ben thinks he's one of the hatchlings he's been watching for a few weeks.

To me, it felt like he was showing off.

These pictures are in order from my camera, one after the other.

Fancy moves.

Not a boring bone in his body.

I used my sport setting.

We took the screens off our kitchen windows so we can photograph them better.

However, this morning I was outside, quietly standing in the shade.

After the little male left, the female showed up again.

She was not to be outdone.

I don't get all the drama.

When I'm hungry, I am not interested in acrobatics.

Probably makes a difference that I can't fly.

Although I have been known to dive into a meal.

With gusto.

1 comment: