Monday, August 21, 2017

2017 Solar Eclipse

I wanted so badly for my camera to get pictures of today's eclipse.  I felt like the camera wasn't focusing at all, except I knew the little crescent at the bottom of this photo was a reverse image of the sun.  I was seeing that crescent, except not reverse, through my solar glasses.

When everyone with me began screaming that it was time, I began to panic.  And then, all of a sudden, my camera focused.  This is the first diamond ring as the eclipse approached totality.

What my eyes were seeing was a little different than what my camera saw, but both images were exquisite.

I knew the second diamond ring was going to appear at the top, at about 1 o'clock.

I was beyond thrilled when I realized my camera was in focus.

And then I cried.

In what seemed like one massive heartbeat, it was over, but I was still crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment