Saturday, May 13, 2017

Higher River

Ben and I walked back to the river tonight.

I will confess that I was a little teary this morning, but I was ok tonight.

This much water is just a little scary.

As I looked at this morning's pictures, I noticed a stone in the base of this trunk.

I took a closer look tonight.  I thought maybe the river had washed it in.

I could not bedge the stone at all and decided the roots had grown around it.

This is the northern tip of an island.

The southern tip, where our grandchildren often play, is underneath these waves.

My understanding is that the snowmelt is higher than expected, so the powers that be felt a need to increase the runoff from the dam.  This log might end up back in the river.

Typically, this is a delightful place to walk.  Not today.

There is still a lot of snow in the mountains.

A family of Kildeer lives nearby.  They must have a nest, because he and two associates went to a lot of trouble to distract us.  

On the other hand, these two mushrooms were pretty quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment