Thursday, May 27, 2021

Bye Bye Birdie

I had believed what I read about robins, and today was supposed to be the last day in the nest for the hatchlings.  I hid in the garage to get this picture.  Mom was ready, once again, to feed her babies.

This was gross and exciting at the same time.

Much later in the day Little Ben and I left the house for a walk around the block. I looked up to check the nest, and only one baby was there!  Oh, no! Where was the other?

I pulled my face out from behind the camera and immediately saw her, almost at my feet.  I likely missed her drop from the nest by seconds.

These last two weeks have been stressful.  Several times I was sure those babies were dead.  And now I thought baby brother had been abandoned by Mom.  I was very sad.

When Corinne got home, I showed her the pictures.  She raced out and raced right back in, practically dragging me outside.  The nest was empty.  Mom was in the tree.  She had spied the baby in the bushes.

We sneaked around my front yard like two burglars as we looked for the baby, and we found him!  He was just chillin' on a rock, happy to be out in the real world.  What an adventure this has been!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment